We are in a new era. We are all trying to succeed, spread our message, sell our services and products.
It’s time to start rethinking how we approach marketing.
Snail mail, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Emails, Instagram and the list goes on.
There are companies that are starting to engage in a more respectful and less invasive way, which allows them success.
Who doesn’t receive at least 30 emails daily that sell something? A ton of emojis, exclamation points, proclamations and promises.
Who doesn’t open their mailbox to find coupons, catalogs, and envelopes with offers?
All this goes straight to the recycling bins unopened and unread.
1. We are wasting trees, paper and are inundating the recycling industry.
2. Prospective customers are closing their eyes and ears, because their space is invaded 24/7
3. You can’t scroll down your Facebook or Instagram account without seeing ads.
So let’s rethink all that and implement some much needed innovation. Some ideas I have been thinking of are:
- Act professionally. Too many claims that can be debated are not a good way to approach customers. Imagine someone you have never seen before in your life, to come straight to your face and start hugging you and pushing you around. How would you feel? This is EXACTLY what I am trying to convey here.
- Be 100% honest about what it is you are trying to sell!
- Rethink your written message. One approach. EMAIL header: ABCD product/service we would appreciate your time to read this email. Email Body: Dear …., I/we are offering XYZ product/service and have been successful in 1,2,3. Would you be interested in finding out more? If yes please reply to this email. If not, we will respect your decision and not bother you again.
We have jumped in a war to be first, to make more, more, more…… Let’s take a step back and think!
Isn’t any brand’s or Company’s trustworthiness more important?
Once you establish your name in a respectful way, you can only succeed!