It is very surprising to see that there are Companies and Organizations out there that don’t have a clue on how to run their business.
I got a call today and I want to bring attention to the following red flags to avoid:
- The caller ID was from a foreign Country.
- He asked to speak with Mariella. When I asked who was calling, he insisted: “Is this Mariella”?
- The name of the Organization was only mentioned after the call intrigued me enough to hear more.
- The seller told me that he was representing one of the biggest Women’s Groups.
- When I mentioned LinkedIn he wasn’t sure.
- After asking a lot of questions about my background that are already visible on every Business platform, he quickly asked for my credit/debit card information.
Needless to say that this organization lost a sale.
For claiming to be one of the “biggest” organizations, this surely looks suspicious.
Nobody will give you their credit/debit card information via phone any longer.
If you are indeed a legitimate business, then make sure that your prospective clients, members, customers feel safe!
No established business lacks a professional presence.
No established business lacks a way for buyers/clients to pay online via a safe payment portal.
So do your Business or Organization a huge favor and build a foundation that will show the world that you are legitimate, professional and trustworthy.